Skip to main content

jPrime 2018 videos freely available

Good news everyone,

the videos of jPrime 2018 are freely available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3heuY21Z0&list=PLcqA4DRMgIYvGPZfrK0EcMxEQCrtSl9A3

Also in Youtube Bulgarian Java User Group channel you may find a lot of helpful Java related videos from jPrime 2017, 2016, 2015 or other Bulgarian Java User Group talks and activities : https://www.youtube.com/user/BulgarianJUG/

Hope to see everyone of you at jPrime 2019 !
Or some of the Bulgarian Java User Group (jug.bg) or java beer events (http://java.beer)

Comments

Popular Posts

Hibernate Generic DAO.

When you use Hibernate and DAO pattern it is a good idea to use a Generic Base Dao. The fallowing code snippet contains GenericDAO that is a base class for all my DAO classes. This GenericDAO uses HibernateDaoSupport from Spring for its implementation if you want you can use JpaDaoSupport or JdbcDaoSupport in your projects. My Generic DAO interface looks like this : package org.joke.myproject.dao.base; import java.io.Serializable; import java.util.List; /** * @author Naiden Gochev * @param <E> * @param <PK> */ public interface GenericDao<E,PK  extends Serializable> {     PK save(E newInstance);     void update(E transientObject);     void saveOrUpdate(E transientObject);     void delete(E persistentObject);     E findById(PK id);     List<E> findAll();     List<E> f...

JavaEE 5 (JSF + JPA + EJB3) using Eclipse

Today I will show you how to create Enterprise Application using Java EE 5 and GlassFish. I will use - Eclipse 3.5 + WTP - GlassFish v. 2.1 - JSF Mojarra implementation. - EJB 3.0. - JPA Toplink essentials implementation. - MySQL No NetBeans or JDeveloper magic involved :) The prerequirement is: Add datasource in glassfish. Read this how you can make this here: http://gochev.blogspot.com/2009/10/creating-datasource-in-glassfish-v-21.html 1) First you need to add glassfish in your eclipse. - Go to Servers View - Right Click, New - Choose GlassFish v 2.1 if you dont have glassfish click on Download additional adapters link choose glassfish wait and restart eclipse. Than try again. 2) Create the database CREATE TABLE ` lesson ` . ` USERS ` ( ` id ` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ` username ` VARCHAR ( 45 ) NOT NULL , ` password ` VARCHAR ( 45 ) NOT NULL , ` name ` VARCHAR ( 45 ) NOT NULL , PRIMARY KEY ( ` id ` ) ) ENGINE = InnoDB...

Generate JavaDoc with UML diagrams

In my life many times has happened when I am assigned to a totally new project that I have no idea what it is about, that has to go live in 2 weeks and that I have to fix some issues in this ultra strange code sometimes even code written in different language. On my question is there any documentation the answer is: Yes but it is very old or no. So in short they want me to start working on a project with no documentation at all. My second question is is there a javadoc and the anwer is : yeah … kind of … so I am in a project with 30% javadoc with methods in French language for example ( I don’t know even a single word in French) so in short I am loosing 2 weeks to understand what is using what what is the model what is PersonnePhysique  and what is this crazy domain model. I believe this has happened with everyone of you at least once so what can you do ? You can start digging into the java code like crazy ( like everyone of us have tried many times) You can install ...